Tuesday, June 22, 2010

RANDOM MP3 OF THE WEEK


3. The Creators - Kronkite


So I went and saw the Banksy Movie last night and maybe twenty minutes in, after a focus on figures such as Space Invader and Obey, the famed Bristol street artist is introduced. When his name and a series of his iconic rats appear on screen, my jaw drops, I turn to my friend sitting beside me, and see that he's equally blown away. It has nothing to do with Banksy's name or his stencils. It's the preposterously hot beat that's accompanying these images. 
Holy shit, we both agreed, this is one of the phattest hip hop beats we've ever heard. Yes we used the term 'phat.' It gave us no choice.



I forgot to check what the track was during the credits, by aforementioned pal hunted it down. It's by the Creators and the version in the soundtrack was instrumental, but this one features lyrical additions from Phil Da Agony. Phil's contribution is a tad lacklustre in my opinion, so it might be worth hunting down the instrumental version too. But for now, here you go. Not-so-random MP3 of the week, resplendent with an addictive harpsichord loop. Fuck yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment